This three weeks intermediate level program is designed to cater to the needs of third and fourth year undergraduate students, graduate students, degree holders, PhD Candidates, Professors and faculty in Religion, Philosophy, South Asian Studies and Anthropology and other related subjects (history, art, music, public health, bio-ethics, education, management etc.) who desire to learn about Jainism as a part of their higher education.
For earning 3 credit units, you don’t have to pay any additional fee. However, there is a surcharge of US $25 in case your university wishes us to courier the official transcript directly. Click Here for Credit Units and Grade System.
- This program is available to students registered with any university as undergraduate or graduate students.
- ISJS provides full lodging (twin shared air-cooled rooms), boarding (Jain vegetarian wholesome food), and inland travel in India associated with the program. Limited AC rooms are available at an additional cost.
- All other costs including air travel to India and back, visa and medical insurance, stay in India prior to or after the program and all personal expenses including medical and toiletries are to be borne by the candidate himself/herself.
- An acceptance fee of US $200 is payable in advance by electronic transfer to ISJS India when admission is offered to you and you accept to attend the program. This amount will be adjusted with your fee on your arrival in India i.e. on your arrival you will need to pay US $400.
- ISJS does not provide any stipend or financial assistance to any participant in this program.
- Based on the Statement of Purpose we will provide you with a topic to prepare an essay/paper for Group Discussions.
- Afternoon Sessions for group discussions and presentations.
- All travel (three-tier AC train or AC bus) within India in connection with the ISSJS program.
- All participants are required to pay a sum of US $600 as reimbursement for facilities provided in India as a part of the program. Such facilities are provided only as related to the program and personal visits /expenses are excluded and the participants are responsible for the same
- Candidates who withdraw from the program during the currency of the program shall forfeit the remainder fee.