This five weeks advanced program is designed for serious and motivated graduate and Ph.D. students, Post Doctoral scholars, and full-time teaching cum research faculty involved in religion, South Asian religions or studies and languages, anthropology, theology, and allied subjects.
*Mahavir Vision Inc., (MVI) USA will refund this fee to you by check payable in the USA after the successful completion of the program.
For earning 3 credit units, you don’t have to pay any additional fee. However, there is a surcharge of US $25 in case your university wishes us to courier the official transcript directly. Click Here for Credit Units and Grade System.
- An acceptance fee of US$200 is payable in advance to ISJS India by you as a check or electronic transfer which is adjustable in your course fee. i.e. US $500.
- ISJS provides full lodging (twin shared air-cooled rooms), boarding (Jain vegetarian wholesome food), and inland travel in India associated with the program. Limited AC rooms are available at an additional cost.
- All other costs including visa, flight tickets, and medical insurance stay in India prior to or after the program and all personal expenses including medical and toiletries are to be borne by the candidate himself/herself.
- Based on the Statement of Purpose we will provide you with a topic to prepare an essay/paper for Group Discussion.
- Besides the paper for Group Discussion, there will be Independent Research only for 5W participants. We have scheduled a one-week self-research period for you to undertake research on a topic of your choice. It is a requirement before your study program is considered complete. Also, we schedule a presentation by each fellow participant for discussions/exchange of views.
PAYMENTS BY MVI, USA
- MVI, USA reimburses the total fee of US $700 to each participant after the successful completion of the program. Hence there is no cost to you for your stay in India associated with the ISSJS-2023.5W program except for expenses for your personal needs.
- No other cash payment of any kind shall be made by ISJS in India to any scholar/student.
- ISJS/MVI will not pay or reimburse for flight tickets to India and back to any participants. Also NO extra financial support to full-time faculty members or any participants.
- Candidates who withdraw from the program during the currency of the program shall forfeit the remainder fee.
Click Here for Application / Click Here for Trip Preparation
Click Here for Announcement Poster / Click Here to see Last Year’s Daily Schedule